As we enter May there are many celebrations and rites of passage that will be taking place. In this letter I will provide you with a quick run-down of the events. We will post more detailed information regarding graduation activities early next week.
This is an exciting time of year, but it can also be a dangerous time as well. Please talk to you students about making wise decisions and about the dangers of drugs and alcohol. It is our goal to end the year on a positive note and have the seniors enjoy their final month of high school. In order to do so we all need to help support the students in making smart decisions so that we can avoid the tragedy that often surrounds teen substance use and abuse.
- May 3 - Junior Prom - 6:00 at the Athol Town Hall
- May 6 - Progress Reports issued to seniors
- May 5-9 - AP Testing
- May 13 and 14 - Math MCAS for Grade 10 (students not taking the MCAS may arrive at 10:00)
- May 22 - NHS Inductions - 7:00 in the auditorium
- May 14 - Progress Reports issued to underclassmen
- May 20 - Pops Concert 6:00 in gymnasium
- May 24 - Senior Prom - 6:00 at Hidden Hills
- May 26 - No school - Memorial Day
- May 30 - Class Day - 8:30 in the gymnasium
- June 1 - Graduation Commencement Ceremony - 1:30 on the football field or gymnasium
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my office at (978) 249-2435.
Steven C. Meyer